Consumer provided information is a way for consumers to capture information about their health which they believe will assist when dealing with health care.
Context in digital health
The My Health Record provides consumers with the ability to record information about their health. This covers two broad areas:
- Personal health summary documents allow individuals to store information as part of their digital health record. This may include their contact details, information about allergies and adverse reactions, and any medications they may be taking. Such documents can be used in consultation with the individual’s healthcare provider to help gather health information from the individual.
- Personal health notes allow individuals to record health-related notes in their digital health record. These notes can provide a memory aid for individuals and their representatives. The notes are not visible to healthcare providers.
Figure 1: Overview of personal health notes
The consumer enters their Personal Health Notes through the Consumer Portal. The Consumer Portal uploads the Personal Health Notes to the consumer’s My Health Record.
Figure 2: Overview of personal health summary
The Personal Health Summary may be used in consultation with the individual's health provider to help gather health information from the individual.
It is intended to work in the same manner as the Shared Health Summary. That is, the Personal Health Summary is one document that the individual amends and uploads to the My Health Record. These flows are described below:
- The Consumer enters their health summary through the Consumer Portal.
- The Consumer Portal uploads the Personal Health Summary to the consumer’s My Health Record.
- A clinician may access the Personal Health Summary via the Consumer’s My Health Record provided they have relevant access.
This product is in maintenance mode and no further releases are planned at this stage.
The Agency may publish maintenance releases to address any defects. The Agency will send out email notifications to all previous downloaders of this product whenever new releases become available.