Complete the following steps in this section to start developing new products that connect to the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service, or to modify existing ones.
1. What you need to do
- You can access the HI licensed material in the Services Australia Portal. The portal is a secure platform. You’ll need to register your organisation to access it.
- You’ll need to be an authorised officer of your organisation and have an Individual Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account before you can register your organisation in the portal. You can create an Individual PRODA account now if you don’t have one.
- Go to the Health Systems Developer Portal and register your organisation.
- You will be sent an email with your security credentials. You can use these to login to the portal.
- You’ll need to accept the Interface Agreement before you can access the web services licensed information. You can do this via the developer portal.
2. Accept the Interface Agreement – Use of the Healthcare Identifiers Licensed Material for Notice of Connection
An Interface Agreement and associated policies must be in place between you and Services Australia before you can access the official Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Licensed Material and developer environment. Once you have accepted the Agreement you will be notified when your access to the licensed material has been granted.
3. Download the relevant Healthcare Identifiers documentation
a. Healthcare Identifiers Licensed Materials
The HI Licensed Material contains approximately 40 documents for developers interested in creating products for the HI Service. It is unlikely that you will need to read all these documents. We recommend that you start with:
- HI Service – Developers Guide
- HI Service - IHI Searching Guide
The other documents each relate specifically to an individual web service of the HI Service. Most developers will only be interested in a subset of these services, so will only need to read the documents relevant to the services of interest.
b. Healthcare Identifiers Service - Support documents
These are available from the Australian Digital Health Agency Developer Centre and provide background and guidance for healthcare provider organisations, and conformance, compliance and accreditation requirements for vendors and are hosted in the Australian Digital Health Agency Developer Centre.
Key documents include Healthcare Identifier Service - Conformance Assessment Scheme, Use of Healthcare Identifiers in Health Software Systems - Conformance Requirements, Healthcare Identifiers - Implementation Conformance Statement Proforma and the Use of Healthcare Identifiers in Health Software Systems - Conformance Test Specifications.
4. Receive your Healthcare Identifiers certificates and familiarise yourself with the Healthcare Identifiers Software Vendor Test (HI SVT) environment
When you receive credentials for the HI Licensed Material, Services Australia will ask for your software name and version number so that they can generate your testing certificates. Once you receive your test certificates familiarise yourself with how to access the Healthcare Identifiers Software Vendor Test (HI SVT) environment.