HL7 Fundamentals Course (February-May)
This event is run by HL7® International and may be of interest to developers of healthcare applications.
About this event
The HL7 Fundamentals Course is fundamentally different. This introductory, 12-week workshop uses a set of guided exercises to learn by practice and example. This self-paced course is ideal for those new to HL7 and its family of standards including Version 2 (V2), Clinical Document Architecture (CDA®) and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®).
This is an asynchronous, instructor-led online course that allows you to work at your own pace. Learning takes place through discussions with the instructor, tutors and peers. Assessments are in the form of weekly assignments, quizzes, exams and projects. Plan on spending 5 to 7 hours per week. There are no live lectures to attend.
At the end of the course, participants should:
- Confront a project involving interoperability among disjointed healthcare information systems
- Read the most widely used HL7 standards
- Understand the need for controlled vocabularies, master files and entity registries
- Read and write V2.X messages
- Read and write CDA® R2 documents
- Identify FHIR® specifications and resources
- Decide when to use each artifact (messages, documents)
Who should attend?
- Newcomers to HL7
- Those who wish to gain an overall technical experience of HL7 standards
For more information: https://www.hl7.org/training/HL7-fundamentals.cfm.
Event run by:
Information about third party events has been provided by the organiser or sourced from the event website. Inclusion in the events calendar should not be construed as endorsement of the event by the Agency. Information is provided as a service to the digital health developer community, and all event arrangements may be subject to change and should be confirmed with the event organiser.
For additional conference material and to register, follow the More Information link below: