The Healthcare Information Provider Service (HIPS) is a middleware product offering seamless integration with systems including:
- Patient administration systems
- Clinical informations systems
- Laboratory and radiology information systems
It is aimed primarily at supporting large-scale digital health environments typically found in organisations such as hospitals and diagnostic service providers; however, it is also suitable for direct integration with digital health products.
- Connection to the Healthcare Identifiers Service to search for and retrieve national healthcare identifiers
- Connection to the My Health Record system to:
- determine if a patient has a digital record;
- view a patient’s digital health record;
- post clinical documents into this record including:
- discharge summaries
- prescription and dispense records
- event summaries
- shared health summaries
- specialist letters
- pathology reports
- diagnostic imaging reports
- package these documents before submission
- Assisted My Health Record system registration of patients
- Dynamically convert HL7(R) v2 ORU messages to CDA documents for pathology reports and diagnostic imaging reports.
- Lowering the barrier for MHR adoption
- Increasing document uploads
- Increasing usage of MHR content
- Improving clinical decision making
- Better patient care outcomes
HIPS Mobile allows clinicians in the hospital setting to have mobile device access to patient My Health Record information while engaging with patients in ward and bed-side settings or remotely off-site.
Clinicians in public and private hospitals already widely rely on mobile devices (smart phones and tablets) for accessing their patients’ clinical information, so HIPS Mobile will add My Health Record patient data access to their repertoire.