Advance Care Planning documents are included in the My Health Record system to provide increased accessibility to a consumer’s advance care planning information nationwide.
Advance care planning information can include a statement by a competent person expressing decisions about his or her future care, should they become incapable of participating in medical treatment decisions. These statements are currently recorded in paper-based advance care directives.
Advance care directives can also be made by someone with the appropriate authority, on behalf of an individual who is without capacity. The consequences of acting on an individual’s preferences, as set out in an advance care directive, can be significant, sometimes final.
This specification references or contains excerpts of intellectual property (IP) owned by the Regenstrief Institute, IHTSDO, or HL7 International. Applicable IP constraints apply:
- This material contains content from LOINCTM (http://loinc.org). The LOINC table, LOINC codes, and LOINC panels and forms file are copyright © 1995-2015, Regenstrief Institute, Inc. and the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) Committee and available at no cost under the license at http://loinc.org/terms-of-use. LOINC is a trademark of Regenstrief Institute, Inc., registered in the United States.
- This material includes SNOMED Clinical TermsTM (SNOMED CT®) which is used by permission of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO). All rights reserved. SNOMED CT® was originally created by The College of American Pathologists. "SNOMED" and "SNOMED CT" are registered trademarks of the IHTSDO, (http://www.ihtsdo.org).
- This document includes excerpts of HL7TM International standards and other HL7 International material. HL7 International is the publisher and holder of copyright in the excerpts. The publication, reproduction and use of such excerpts is governed by the HL7 IP Policy (see http://www.hl7.org/legal/ippolicy.cfm) and the HL7 International License Agreement. HL7 and CDA are trademarks of Health Level Seven International and are registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
This product contains the following components:
- Advance Care Planning - Release Note v1.0 - superseded
- Advance Care Planning - My Health Record Conformance Profile v1.0 - superseded
- Advance Care Information - CDA Implementation Guide v1.0 - current
- Advance Care Information - Structured Content Specification v1.0 - current
- Advance Care Planning - Template Package Library v1.0 - current