All products developed, or updated, to connect with the HI Service are required to undergo testing before production access is granted.
There are two mandatory testing processes that you will need to complete:
1. Healthcare Identifiers Notice of Connection (HI NoC) Testing
HI NOC testing is conducted by the HI System Operator – Services Australia - using the HI Test data received upon software registration with the Services Australia.
Testing is organised via Health Systems Developer Portal:
- Log in to the portal at https://healthsoftware.humanservices.gov.au/claiming/ext-vnd/
- Click on ‘View Certification’ in the ‘Certification’ tile. This takes the developer to the Developer Testing and Support System (DTSS) page.
- Under the heading ‘Integration Testing’, click on the ‘Untested’ tab and then select Apply for Certification for the application you wish to undertake testing for.
- Fill in all required fields on this screen and press Submit.
The developer will then be contacted by the Product Integration testing team to discuss their NOC testing.
For further assistance with HI NOC testing, please contact [email protected]
2. Healthcare Identifiers Conformance Testing
The HI Conformance testing ensures that the software supports the safe implementation and use of healthcare identifiers in clinical environments. The specifications and conformance tests were developed by the Agency in consultation with the digital health industry.
The HI Conformance testing is conducted by ADHA Conformance test team. To commence:
Read the frequently asked questions for more information.
2a. HI Conformance test specification
Developers should have completed their own self-assessment using the:
Healthcare Identifiers Service - Support Documents - Conformance Test Specification v3.3 prior to undertaking HI Conformance testing with the Australian Digital Health Agency.
The Agency testing team can also assist with pre-screening the completed Conformance Test specifications results. Please send the completed document to [email protected].
2b. Healthcare Identifiers test data
Test data required for completing the HI test specification can be downloaded below:
- Conformance Test Data for Healthcare Identifiers v3.0 (Updated September 2022)
Note that they are to be used for the sole purpose of the Conformance testing for the:
Please use the test data sent by Services Australia Developer Support for HI NOC and other testing.
3. HI Conformance Declaration
Upon successful completion of testing, the Agency will issue a declaration of conformity for your software. A signed copy and the test summary report will be submitted to Services Australia to request production access to the HI Service.
4. Go Live
Production access to the Healthcare Identifiers system will be granted for your software within two weeks of submitting documentation to Services Australia.