Transitioning HI CCA Testing to the Australian Digital Health Agency
The Australian Digital Health Agency (ADHA) is pleased to advise that the Healthcare Identifier (HI) Conformance Compliance and Accreditation (CCA) testing will be transitioned from IV&V Australia to the ADHA from 1st of November 2020. Once the transition is complete, the HI CCA testing will incur no charge to software developers.Learn more
All products developed, or updated, to connect with the HI Service are required to undergo testing before production access is granted.
There are two mandatory testing processes that you will need to complete:
1. Healthcare Identifiers Notice of Connection (HI NoC) Testing
HI NOC testing is conducted by the HI System Operator – Services Australia - using the HI Test data received upon software registration with the Services Australia.
Testing is organised via Health Systems Developer Portal:
- Log in to the portal at https://healthsoftware.humanservices.gov.au/claiming/ext-vnd/
- Click on ‘View Certification’ in the ‘Certification’ tile. This takes the developer to the Developer Testing and Support System (DTSS) page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Create HI application’. The ‘Apply for a Notice of Connection’ screen is displayed.
- Fill in all required fields on this screen and press Submit.
The developer will then be contacted by the Product Integration testing team to discuss their NOC testing.
For further assistance with HI NOC testing, please contact [email protected]
2. Healthcare Identifiers Conformance Compliance and Accreditation (HI CCA) testing
The HI CCA testing ensures that the software supports the safe implementation and use of healthcare identifiers in clinical environments. The specifications and conformance tests were developed by the Agency in consultation with the digital health industry.
The HI CCA test is conducted by a National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia (NATA) accredited testing laboratory. There is a charge for this.
Please contact the lab directly for information on the process or estimated costs.
Read the FAQ HI Service Vendor Q and A sheet for more information.
Complete the Healthcare Identifiers - Implementation Conformance Statement Proforma v3.2 - https://developer.digitalhealth.gov.au/specifications/national-infrastructure/ep-1826-2014/nehta-1879-2014
2a. HI Conformance test specification
Developers should have completed their own self-assessment using the:
Use of HIs in Health Software Systems - Conformance Test Specifications v3.1 prior to undertaking HI CCA testing with IV&V.
The Agency testing team can also assist with pre-screening the completed Conformance Test specifications results. Please send the completed document to [email protected].
2b. Healthcare Identifiers test data
Test data required for completing the HI test specification can be downloaded below.
- Conformance Test Data for Healthcare Identifiers (Updated August 2019)
- HPII test data with AHPRA numbers (Updated August 2019)
Note that they are to be used for the sole purpose of the CCA testing for the:
Please use the test data sent by Services Australia Developer Support for HI NOC and other testing.
3. HI Conformance Declaration
Upon successful completion of testing, the NATA accredited test lab will issue a declaration of conformity for your software.
4. Go Live
Once both HI NoC and HI CCA testing are successfully completed, Production access to the Healthcare Identifiers system will be granted for your software. Please allow up to 2 weeks for this process.