This version has been superseded: see other versions below.
One of the key foundations for a national approach to eHealth is a standard process across the health sector to consistently identify everyone involved in a healthcare event:
- Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI) for individuals receiving healthcare services
- Healthcare Provider Identifier – Individual (HPI-I) for healthcare providers and other healthcare personnel involved in providing patient care
- Healthcare Provider Identifier – Organisation (HPI-O) for organisations that deliver healthcare (such as hospitals or medical practices).
Please visit the DHS Medicare website for more information.
This product contains the following components:
- Healthcare Identifiers Service - Support Documents v1.4 - current
- Healthcare Identifiers Service - Support Documents v1.3 - superseded
- Healthcare Identifiers Service - Support Documents v1.2 - superseded
- Healthcare Identifiers Service v1.1.3 - superseded
- Healthcare Identifiers Service v1.1.2 - superseded