This document provides a guide to implementing the 'logical' model detailed by the Agency's Shared Health Summary Structured Content Specification (SHS SCS) as an HL7 Clinical Document Architecture Release 2 (CDA) XML document. The guide takes implementers step by step through mapping each data component of the SHS SCS to a corresponding CDA attribute or element. The resulting CDA document can be used for the electronic exchange of shared health summaries between healthcare providers. This guide also presents conformance requirements against which implementers can attest the conformance of their systems.
This specification references or contains excerpts of intellectual property (IP) owned by the Regenstrief Institute, IHTSDO, or HL7 International. Applicable IP constraints apply:
- This material contains content from LOINCTM (http://loinc.org). The LOINC table, LOINC codes, and LOINC panels and forms file are copyright © 1995-2015, Regenstrief Institute, Inc. and the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) Committee and available at no cost under the license at http://loinc.org/terms-of-use. LOINC is a trademark of Regenstrief Institute, Inc., registered in the United States.
- This material includes SNOMED Clinical TermsTM (SNOMED CT®) which is used by permission of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO). All rights reserved. SNOMED CT®, was originally created by The College of American Pathologists. "SNOMED" and "SNOMED CT" are registered trademarks of the IHTSDO, (http://www.ihtsdo.org).
- This document includes excerpts of HL7TM International standards and other HL7 International material. HL7 International is the publisher and holder of copyright in the excerpts. The publication, reproduction and use of such excerpts is governed by the HL7 IP Policy (see http://www.hl7.org/legal/ippolicy.cfm) and the HL7 International License Agreement. HL7 and CDA are trademarks of Health Level Seven International and are registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
This component belongs to the following version(s) of the following product(s):
- Shared Health Summary v1.4.5 - superseded
- Shared Health Summary v1.4.4 - superseded
- Shared Health Summary v1.4.3 - superseded
- Shared Health Summary v1.4.2 - superseded
- Shared Health Summary v1.4.1 - superseded
- Shared Health Summary v1.4 - superseded
- Shared Health Summary v1.3 - superseded
- Shared Health Summary v1.2 - superseded