Advance care directives let individuals make choices about their future medical treatment in the event that they are cognitively impaired or otherwise unable to make their preferences known. Currently, a completed directive is kept in a safe place, with a designated custodian controlling access to it.
Advance Care Directive Custodian documents can be used to capture information about the custodian of the individual’s advance care directive. Such documents do not contain the advance care directive itself.
This product contains the following components:
- Advance Care Directive Custodian - Release Note v1.0.1 - superseded
- Advance Care Directive Custodian - Template Package Library v1.0 - superseded
- Advance Care Directive Record - Information Requirements v1.0 - current
- Advance Care Directive Custodian Record - Structured Content Specification v1.0 - current
- Advance Care Directive - CDA Implementation Guide Plus Addendum v1.0 - current
- Advance Care Directive Custodian Link - Executive Summary v1.0 - current