Discharge Summary documents support the transfer of a patient from a hospital back to the care of their nominated primary healthcare provider.
They capture details about the patient's hospital stay, including the diagnosis, diagnostic procedures performed, the prognosis, medications prescribed and follow-up actions recommended.
The My Health Record system supports the collection of Discharge Summary documents. When a healthcare provider creates a Discharge Summary document, it will be sent directly to the nominated primary healthcare provider, as per current practices. A copy may also be sent to the individual’s digital health record.
This product contains the following components:
- Discharge Summary - Release Note v1.5.2 - superseded
- Discharge Summary - Template Package Library v1.5.1 - superseded
- eDischarge Summary - PCEHR Conformance Profile v1.5 - superseded
- eDischarge Summary - FAQ Speciality in eDischarge Summary v1.1 - current
- eDischarge Summary - P2P Delivery Technical Service Specification v1.3 - current
- eDischarge Summary - CDA Implementation Guide v3.4 - current
- eDischarge Summary - Core Information Components v1.1.2 - current
- eDischarge Summary - Structured Document Template v3.3 - current
- eDischarge Summary - Business Requirements Specification v1.1 - current