The purpose of this page is to provide guidance to developers who are implementing the new interoperability standards for secure messaging thus enabling clinical information systems (CISs) and secure messaging (SM) systems to find healthcare providers as well as accurately address and securely exchange standards-based messages.
Provider Directory Service & Message Payload Developer Guide
This document is intended to provide practical implementation guidance to developers who are enabling clinical information systems (CISs) and secure messaging (SM) systems to securely exchange standards-based messages. This document can be downloaded here:
dh-3073-2020-pds-mp-developer-guide-v2.1.pdf [PDF 2MB - Updated 10 February 2020]
How to test your implementation
* For the Beta above, the Agency has tested and verified the message payload interoperability based on existing agency specifications and the untested HL7 conformance profile as well as the message segment field data contents. The message payload interoperability testing has confirmed that the HL7 files conform to the MP3, MP4,MP6, MP7, MP11 and MP12 capabilities in the Provider Directory Service & Message Payload Developer Guide, Appendix A - Developer requirements checklist. Please note that only functional testing of the changes incorporating SMIO testing capability into the CPV have been performed. Regression testing and testing of other CPV features has not been performed. The next release of the CPV is expected in early March and should include fully tested HL7 conformance profiles for REF-I12, RRI-I12, MDM-T02 & ACK-T02.
How to connect to the test environments and receive test certificates
- Requesting NASH test certificates
Please complete and return the 2 forms below and return to [email protected] Note that a processing time of approximately 2 weeks is required.
- Australian Profile for Provider Directory Services
- This guide covers capability requirements of FHIR® services to implement a set of profiles and support interfaces in an Australian context for the purpose of implementation of provider directory services.
- Common Conformance Profile v1.7
This document provides conformance requirements applicable to all types of clinical documents. This includes references to other documents containing additional normative content.
- eReferral v1.4
An eReferral facilitates the seamless exchange of significant patient information from one treating healthcare provider to another.
- Specialist Letter v1.3
Specialist Letter documents are used in replying to a referral or reporting on a health event and contain information related to the event or the requested diagnosis or treatment by a specialist.
- eDischarge Summary v1.5
eDischarge Summary supports the transfer of a patient from the hospital to their primary physician
Development and Testing Support
To find out more about Secure Messaging visit the Secure Messaging product guide.