In September 2018 changes were made to the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service to allow NASH PKI organisation certificates to be used to connect to the HI Service. All NASH PKI organisation certificates requested and downloaded via the Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) from the 18th of September 2018 can be used to connect to the HI Service and the My Health Record system.
NASH PKI Organisations SHA-1 Certificates will no longer be supported by DHS from March 2022. As such, all CIS Products must support SHA-2 Certificates for My Health Record, HI Service and Secure Messaging.
The purpose of this page is to outline the changes required in your software to enable these capabilities.
NASH PKI organisation certificate developer guide
The information on this page is designed to assist developers to implement and test changes in their software to:
- transition to a NASH PKI organisation certificate to connect to both the HI Service and the My Health Record system and to support secure messaging;
- enable software to manage both SHA-1 and SHA-2 NASH certificates; and
- assist healthcare provider organisations manage certificates by implementing alerts prior to the expiry of NASH certificates.
This document can be downloaded here:
How to connect to the test environments and receive test certificates
Please complete and return the 2 forms below and return to [email protected] Note that a processing time of approximately 2 weeks is required.
Development and Testing Support
- NASH test certificates support email
For issues relating to your NASH test certificates, please contact
[email protected] or phone: 1300 550 115
- Management of certificate expiry contact
For questions related to the management of certificate expiry functionality, please contact [email protected]
NASH PKI organisation certificates in production
Important information you and your healthcare providers will need to be aware of when using NASH PKI organisation certificates in production:
Read more - NASH PKI organisation certificates in production