For access to binary executable code for the HIPS product please email [email protected] or call 1300 901 001.
The HIPS product enables the seamless integration of digital health systems with national digital health infrastructure services, such as the Healthcare Identifiers Service and the My Health Record system.
It is a standalone middleware solution offering the following functionality:
- Connection to the Healthcare Identifiers Service to search for and retrieve national healthcare identifiers
- Assisted My Health Record system registration of patients
- Connection to the My Health Record system to:
- determine if a patient has a digital record;
- view a patient’s digital health record;
- post clinical documents into this record including:
- discharge summaries
- prescription and dispense records
- event summaries
- shared health summaries
- specialist letters
- pathology reports
- diagnostic imaging reports
- package these documents before submission
- Dynamically convert HL7(R) v2 ORU messages to CDA documents for pathology reports and diagnostic imaging reports.
This specification references or contains excerpts of intellectual property (IP) owned by the Regenstrief Institute, IHTSDO, or HL7 International. Applicable IP constraints apply:
- This material contains content from LOINCTM (http://loinc.org). The LOINC table, LOINC codes, and LOINC panels and forms file are copyright © 1995-2015, Regenstrief Institute, Inc. and the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) Committee and available at no cost under the license at http://loinc.org/terms-of-use. LOINC is a trademark of Regenstrief Institute, Inc., registered in the United States.
- This material includes SNOMED Clinical TermsTM (SNOMED CT®) which is used by permission of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO). All rights reserved. SNOMED CT® was originally created by The College of American Pathologists. "SNOMED" and "SNOMED CT" are registered trademarks of the IHTSDO, (http://www.ihtsdo.org).
- This document includes excerpts of HL7TM International standards and other HL7 International material. HL7 International is the publisher and holder of copyright in the excerpts. The publication, reproduction and use of such excerpts is governed by the HL7 IP Policy (see http://www.hl7.org/legal/ippolicy.cfm) and the HL7 International License Agreement. HL7 and CDA are trademarks of Health Level Seven International and are registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.