This release of the Secure Messaging end product reflects the introduction of the:
- National Secure Messaging Network Blueprint; and
- National Secure Messaging Network Interoperability Specification
The Blueprint describes the key roles within the secure messaging national network and the capabilities required of each role, as well as providing examples of how specific implementations might fulfil those roles.
The Interoperability Specification (IS) details the technical requirements that underpin the National Secure Messaging Network. The IS defines the requirements that each role must meet, and any solution constraints that must be adhered to when meeting those requirements.
The Agency’s Secure Messaging product provides software developers with information and tools to assist in the implementation of Secure Message Delivery (SMD) and the Australian Provider Directory FHIR Implementation Guide (AU-PD).
Through collaboration between NEHTA and the software industry, Standards Australia published Australian Technical Specification (ATS) 5822 E-Health Secure Message Delivery (SMD) in March 2010.
ATS 5822 is supported by the following foundational specifications which are common to other eHealth solutions, including Electronic Transfer of Prescription, the My Health Record system, and the Healthcare Identifiers Service:
- ATS 5821 E-Health XML Secured Payload Profiles
- ATS 5820 E-Health Web Services Profiles
The above publications are available via https://infostore.saiglobal.com/en-au/publishers/standards_australia/.
Implementation and test tools for secure messaging are contained in the Secure Messaging Integration Toolkit.
This product contains the following components:
- Secure Messaging - Release Note v2.0 - current
- National Secure Messaging Network - Blueprint v1.0 - current
- National Secure Messaging Network - Interoperability Specification v1.0 - current
- Secure Messaging - HL7 v2 MDM message for CDA package v2.5 - current
- Secure Messaging - Addressing Implementation Guide v1.1 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Conformance Test Specification v1.13 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Qualified Certificate Reference v1.2 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Qualified Identifiers v2.0 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Technical Overview v1.0 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Overview v1.0 - current