In September 2018 changes were made to the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service to allow NASH PKI organisation certificates to be used to connect to the HI Service. All NASH PKI organisation certificates requested and downloaded via the Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) from the 18th of September 2018 can be used to connect to the HI Service and the My Health Record system.
NASH PKI Organisations SHA-1 Certificates will no longer be supported by DHS from March 2022. As such, all CIS Products must support SHA-2 Certificates for My Health Record, HI Service and Secure Messaging.
The purpose of this page is to outline the changes required in your software to enable these capabilities.
The information on this page is designed to assist developers to implement and test changes in their software to:
- transition to a NASH PKI organisation certificate to connect to both the HI Service and the My Health Record system and to support secure messaging;
- enable software to manage both SHA-1 and SHA-2 NASH certificates; and
- assist healthcare provider organisations manage certificates by implementing alerts prior to the expiry of NASH certificates.
This document can be downloaded here:
https://developer.digitalhealth.gov.au/sites/default/files/dh-3251-2020-nash-pki-organisation-certificate-developer-guide-v1.3.pdf [Updated July 2020]
How to connect to the test environments and receive test certificates
Please complete and return the 2 forms below and return to [email protected]. Note that a processing time of approximately 2 weeks is required.
- Application to request a NASH Test Certificate kit
This form contains the terms and conditions to obtain a Test Certificate and Related Software and Materials.
- Secure Messaging Industry Offer (SMIO) - NASH PKI Test Certificates Order Form
Application to request a National Authentication Service for Health Test Certificate kit for the purpose of the Secure Messaging Industry Offer (SMIO) [Form revised January 2021]
- NASH PKI organisation certificates for software providers and developers
Information and resources about NASH PKI organisation certificates to help software developers or providers that work in healthcare provider organisations.
- How to connect to the HI Service and My Health Record test environments and obtain test certificates
Connecting to the Healthcare Identifiers vendor test environment (HI SVT) and the My Health Record vendor test environment (MHR SVT)
Please follow the steps on these 2 pages:
Only required for new connections:
Development and Testing Support
- NASH test certificates support email
For issues relating to your NASH test certificates, please contact
[email protected] or phone: 1300 550 115
- Management of certificate expiry contact
For questions related to the management of certificate expiry functionality, please contact [email protected]
NASH PKI organisation certificates in production
Important information you and your healthcare providers will need to be aware of when using NASH PKI organisation certificates in production:
Read more - NASH PKI organisation certificates in production