Reading: 15 minutes
Registration: 30 minutes
Register for CIS to NPP
Before you can begin development, you are required to register for access to the My Health Record system. This process will provide you with the artefacts you require to begin development such as digital test certificates and test data (patients and providers).
1. Download the Welcome pack and read the document Software Vendor Guide to the Connection Process.
2. Fill in and return the Vendor Product Details Form, found in the Welcome Pack and return to Developer Support at Services Australia ([email protected]).
This form contains questions about connectivity related to all services provided by the My Health System. Please choose the options which related specifically to CIS to NPP.
When emailing Developer Support you will also be able to conduct the following steps;
- Apply for a NASH PKI Test Kit (which contains certificates and test data) by requesting the form Application to request a National Authentication Service for Health Public Key Infrastructure Test Certificate kit.
- Ask to have your test data provider’s HPI-I linked to your test organisation’s HPI-O.
3. You will receive NASH digital certificates in the NASH PKI Test Kit. You will also be provided with test data and Notice of Connection (NOC) test cases.
Once you have completed your development (see our next guide) there are two types of testing which must be undertaken. These are:
Conformance, Compliance and Declaration (CCD)
The CCD process requires that your software conforms to all applicable conformance profiles, the specifications they reference, and the conformance requirements for My Health Record Connecting Systems (Specifications), prior to your software being granted connection to the My Health Record system. Please find the conformance test specifications inside the CIS to NPP v1.0 folder download from this website. We will walk through some sample test cases in the next developer guide.
Notice of Connection (NOC) testing
NOC testing confirms that your software product performs according to the specified standards and conformance points defined in the technical and logical service specification documents. Once you have submitted the Software Vendor Product Details Form to Developer Support, NIO will send you a test plan, which includes the services nominated for use during the NOC process. NIO will observe NOC testing and when completed successfully, they will issue you with a My Health Record Notice of Connection for the specific version of your product that has been tested.
When you are ready to begin testing, please follow the steps below;
1. Contact [email protected] and request to be booked in to perform your observed NOC testing.