The Agency’s Secure Messaging provides software developers with information and tools to assist in the implementation of Secure Message Delivery (SMD) and Endpoint Location Service (ELS). Information for healthcare providers wishing to use secure messaging is available at https://www.digitalhealth.gov.au/our-work/secure-messaging.
Through collaboration between NEHTA and the software industry, Standards Australia published Australian Technical Specification (ATS) 5822 E-Health Secure Message Delivery (SMD) in March 2010.
ATS 5822 is supported by the following foundational specifications which are common to other eHealth solutions, including Electronic Transfer of Prescription, the Personally Controlled eHealth Record, and the Healthcare Identifiers Service:
- ATS 5821 E-Health XML Secured Payload Profiles
- ATS 5820 E-Health Web Services Profiles
The above publications are available via http://infostore.saiglobal.com/store/.
NOTE: The sample code previously available in this end product is now available in the Secure Messaging Integration Toolkit.
This product contains the following components:
- Secure Messaging - Release Note v1.0.2 - superseded
- Endpoint Location Service - Technical Service Specification v1.3 - current
- Endpoint Location Service - Solution Design v1.3 - current
- Endpoint Location Service - Common Certificate Use Values v1.0 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Qualified Certificate Reference v1.2 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Qualified Identifiers v2.0 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Technical Overview v1.0 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Overview v1.0 - current