The Agency’s Secure Messaging product provides software developers with information and tools to assist in the implementation of Secure Message Delivery (SMD) and the Australian Provider Directory FHIR Implementation Guide (AU-PD).
Through collaboration between NEHTA and the software industry, Standards Australia published Australian Technical Specification (ATS) 5822 E-Health Secure Message Delivery (SMD) in March 2010.
ATS 5822 is supported by the following foundational specifications which are common to other eHealth solutions, including Electronic Transfer of Prescription, the My Health Record system, and the Healthcare Identifiers Service:
- ATS 5821 E-Health XML Secured Payload Profiles
- ATS 5820 E-Health Web Services Profiles
The above publications are available via https://infostore.saiglobal.com/en-au/publishers/standards_australia/.
Implementation and test tools for secure messaging are contained in the Secure Messaging Integration Toolkit.
This product contains the following components:
- Secure Messaging - Use of HL7 v2 MDM message for CDA package v2.4 - superseded
- Secure Message Addressing - Implementation Guide v1.0 - superseded
- Secure Messaging - Release Note v1.1 - superseded
- Secure Message Delivery - Conformance Test Specification v1.13 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Qualified Certificate Reference v1.2 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Qualified Identifiers v2.0 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Technical Overview v1.0 - current
- Secure Message Delivery - Overview v1.0 - current