By operation of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Establishing the Australian Digital Health Agency) Rule 2016, on 1 July 2016, all the assets and liabilities of NEHTA will vest in the Australian Digital Health Agency. In this website, on and from 1 July 2016, all references to "National E-Health Transition Authority" or "NEHTA" will be deemed to be references to the Australian Digital Health Agency. PCEHR means the My Health Record, formerly the "Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record", within the meaning of the My Health Records Act 2012 (Cth), formerly called the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records Act 2012 (Cth).
The Medicare Records FHIR Implementation Guide specifies the format of FHIR-based representations of Medicare documents that is used for the upload of such documents to the My Health Record system.
It includes FHIR profiles defining the representation of:
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Schedule (PBS) claim items;
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) claim items;
- Australian Organ Donor Register records;
- Australian Immunisation Register records.
The Medicare Records FHIR Implementation Guide was developed in support of the Medicare Document Simplification work package for My Health Record system release v9.3.
The Medicare Records FHIR Implementation Guide is available in two formats:
- HTML version for direct access on this portal
- ZIP version for download (see product component listed below)