By operation of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Establishing the Australian Digital Health Agency) Rule 2016, on 1 July 2016, all the assets and liabilities of NEHTA will vest in the Australian Digital Health Agency. In this website, on and from 1 July 2016, all references to "National E-Health Transition Authority" or "NEHTA" will be deemed to be references to the Australian Digital Health Agency. PCEHR means the My Health Record, formerly the "Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record", within the meaning of the My Health Records Act 2012 (Cth), formerly called the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records Act 2012 (Cth).
eHealth Integration Sample Code v1.0
The eHealth Integration Sample Code provides implementers and software vendors with a sample implementation of a communications solution that enables patient administration systems and clinical information systems to interact with the Healthcare Identifiers Service and the My Health Record system. It is a standalone middleware solution offering the following functionality:
- Connection to the Healthcare Identifiers Service to search for and retrieve national healthcare identifiers.
- Assisted My Health Record registration of patients.
- Connection to the My Health Record to:
- Determine if a patient has an eHealth record.
- View a patient’s eHealth record;
- Post clinical documents into this record including:
- discharge summaries;
- prescription and dispense records;
- event summaries;
- shared health summaries; and
- specialist letters.
- Package these documents prior to submission.