The eHealth integration sample code comprises the source code and associated documentation for the Healthcare Identifier and PCEHR System (HIPS) software, developed by a third party vendor on behalf of a number of states and territories. HIPS is a standalone middleware solution offering the following functionality:
- Connection to the Healthcare Identifiers Service to search for and retrieve national healthcare identifiers.
- Assisted My Health Record registration of patients.
- Connection to the My Health Record system to:
- Determine if a patient has an eHealth record.
- View a patient’s eHealth record;
- Post clinical documents into this record including discharge summaries; prescription and dispense records; event summaries; shared health summaries; and specialist letters.
- Package these documents prior to submission.