Electronic Prescribing - Preliminary Technical Framework documents
These PRELIMINARY documents are provided as drafts to software vendors to have early access to the technical framework and what will be required to enable electronic prescribing.
These technical documents are:
- A Solution Architecture to provide an overview of the architectural components of the end-to-end national electronic prescribing system;
- A Conformance Assessment Scheme which describes the scheme for assessing the conformance of software against the Conformance Profile involved in the electronic prescribing process; and
- A Conformance Profile to summarise the functional and non-functional requirements for software that supports participation in electronic prescribing; and,
The Solution Architecture and Conformance Profile refer to a token-based ‘open’ delivery model for consumer choice of supply. The Agency and TWG are currently finalising an additional architectural model referred to as an Active Script List (ASL) where consumers can access a list of their active prescriptions at a pharmacy without the need to have a token.
It is anticipated that the finalised versions of these documents will not differ greatly from the PRELIMINARY versions.
The Agency recommends that developers review the draft documents and develop a plan to make the required changes to enable electronic prescribing.
It is anticipated that the final technical framework documents will be released prior to 31 October 2019.
This product contains the following components:
- Electronic Prescribing - Technical Framework Documents v3.3 - current
- Electronic Prescribing - Technical Framework Documents v3.2 - superseded
- Electronic Prescribing - Technical Framework Documents v3.1 - superseded
- Electronic Prescribing - Technical Framework Documents v3.0 - superseded
- Electronic Prescribing - Technical Framework Documents v2.3 - superseded
- Electronic Prescribing - Technical Framework Documents v2.2.1 - superseded
- Electronic Prescribing v2.2 - superseded
- Electronic Prescribing v2.1 - superseded
- Electronic Prescribing v2.0 - superseded