The Australian Digital Health Agency (the Agency) has released a new major release of its HIPS middleware product:
HIPS v8.0 is a major release that provides the following major improvements.
- Operational Insights
- Gain detailed insights into the performance of your HIPS installation through visualisation of statistics, trends and recovery times after outages.
- Track connectivity of HIPS with My Health Record and Healthcare Identifiers Service.
- Stay on top of maintenance issues like expiring certificates, storage availability.
- Up-to-date HIPS online documentation
- All HIPS documentation is now accessible online with improved navigation and search.
- For offline usage, all documentation continues to be available in PDF format.
- Automated installation
- Install HIPS without the need for manual interactions.
- All HIPS installation settings can be configured up-front and can be re-used across environments and for future HIPS releases.
- Security by default
- Get security of your HIPS installation out-of-the-box.
- All settings now default to secure settings and can be adjusted to suit local installation requirements.
- Deprecation of obsolete interfaces
- HIPS service interfaces scheduled for retirement in future releases now generate log messages. Sites can utilise these log messages to schedule upgrades of their system environment in preparation for future HIPS releases.
Who will this affect?
- Public and private hospital organisations
- Diagnostic service provider organisations
- System integrators
- Software vendors
For a comprehensive list of changes, please refer to the Change Details section of the Release Note.
Information about HIPS 8.0 is available for download from the following links:
The full HIPS 8.0 release is available for download from the Agency's Collaborate HIPS work space. If you need access to the work space, please contact the Agency Help Desk at [email protected] or 1300 901 001.
Feedback and questions
We value your feedback and encourage questions, comments or suggestions about our products. Please email [email protected] or call 1300 901 001.