Medical device connectivity: Leveraging current approaches, developing new capabilities
About this event
This pre-HIC 2019 workshop will be held on Saturday 10 August and will explore Service-oriented Device Connectivity (SDC), an emerging standard for integrating devices from the device interface to connected point-of-care systems to remote applications including EHRs.
Topics will include:
- Medical device connectivity and usability
- Role of medical devices from patient physiological monitoring and care delivery to specialist systems
- Health Software As a Medical Device (SAMD)
- Integration challenges in acute care
- Regulatory approaches
- Patient-connected systems leveraging AI and machine learning powered technologies
- Impact of the widespread adoption of specialist and general EMR systems
- Closed-loop control across multiple devices, automation of medical procedures and remote control
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in the development, integration and use of connected medical technology
- Clinical technologists, biomedical engineers and system implementers / integrators / clinicians
- Medical technology developers and vendors
- Regulatory and governmental agencies and public policy makers
- Enterprise IT system developers and integrators of device-based content and services
- Researchers and medical device informatics SMEs
Event run by:
Information about third party events has been provided by the organiser or sourced from the event website. Inclusion in the events calendar should not be construed as endorsement of the event by the Agency. Information is provided as a service to the digital health developer community, and all event arrangements may be subject to change and should be confirmed with the event organiser.
For additional conference material and to register, use the More Information link below: